Frazier Revitalization was born from the dreams of neighborhood residents. It started with a decision by the Dallas Housing Authority (DHA) to replace Frazier Courts, a 50‐acre concentration of public housing built in the early 1940s. By 2000, most units were in deplorable condition and crime was rampant.
History of Frazier Courts
Frazier’s name came from the local elementary school, which was named in honor of Julia Caldwell Frazier. In 1919, Mrs. Frazier was the first African American woman to serve as a high school principal in Dallas.
Frazier Revitalization board members are Frazier residents and Dallas business leaders with the vision, expertise and passion to make a difference.
Our senior staff and consultants, members have extensive backgrounds in real estate development, public/private partnerships, and community development.